compensation: hourly + great benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
***Please note*** This position is a hybrid position and will require the temporary relocation/significant travel to Atlanta, Georgia during the months of April-September.
The Traveling Field Supervisor will assist Clarke's service operations by performing field operations for the control of mosquitoes and aquatic habitats.
October - April (approximate) will be spent at Clarke's Villages, FL office performing field operations associated with the survey, inspection, and treatment of lakes, ponds, canals and various waterways for the control of aquatic weeds and algae.
April - September (approximate) will be spent at Clarke's Atlanta, GA office performing field activities associated with the control of mosquitoes and providing day to day oversight and supervision to Clarke's seasonal field technicians including assisting with scheduling, training, quality assurance checks, and administration of the office. Field activities may include trap setting and collection, inspection of breeding sites using sample cup and dipper to sample water source, larviciding operations using backpack sprayer or hand application to street catchbasins using a company truck or bicycle for transportation, and adulticiding while driving a truck with attached sprayer while following an established route.
Position may require potential travel to other Clarke locations, particularly during the fall/winter months due to staff vacancies, training and/or emergency work such as disease or weather events.
We're seeking a flexible, independent, self-motivated, detail oriented, and safety conscious individual with a bit of management experience and demonstrated leadership skills with a passion for the outdoors and working as a team to join us in our mission to make communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs field operations alongside seasonal staff in the field, assists with the day to day supervision of seasonal crew.
• Prepares schedule for each day/evening's activities.
• Advises Supervisor or other appropriate personnel regarding schedule conflicts, service related issues, equipment problems/issues, employee issues and any other job related issues.
• Ensures that chemical inventory is maintained such that shortages do not occur and contract requirements are met. Keeps Supervisor and staff informed of chemical status and usage.
• Assists in the job ticket flow process. Work closely with Supervisor, team and administrative staff to resolve questions or problems.
• Works closely with Customer, Control Consultant and Supervisor to ensure accurate understanding of contract specifications and customer expectations.
• Actively seeks ways to improve the quality and efficiency of operations within department and throughout organization.
• Assigns trucks and equipment on a daily basis.
• Promptly advises appropriate personnel of vehicle and/or equipment damage or malfunction and follows up to make sure that action is taken to return vehicle or equipment to safe and proper working condition.
• Maintain accurate fuel and mileage records for each vehicle. Performs monthly audit of fuel purchases. Advises Supervisor of discrepancies and investigates as requested.
• Communicates with Manager and team and other management personnel as appropriate to allocate crew members to other activities during periods of downtime or to maximize labor utilization.
• Participates in recruiting activities as necessary to support staffing efforts.
• Participates as necessary in crew orientation, training and on-going education activities to insure that employees know proper techniques, procedures and work rules.
• Participates in and engages in programs and work practices designed to foster and maintain effective team atmosphere.
• Responsible for making sure safe work practices and procedures are followed at all times
• Perform inspections on customer property/waterbodies
• Identify weeds and algaes and perform treatment applications utilizing herbicide, algaecide, biologic or manual removal techniques in a safe, proper and timely manner
• Utilize a map to drive to assigned treatment areas and to locate specific water site while towing a trailer or boat
• Drive a small motorboat or All-Terrain Vehicle and use a high-pressure sprayer and/or backpack to treat assigned sites
• Performs cleaning and daily inspections of vehicle and equipment to verify working condition and communicate any issues to supervisor
• Document and communicate daily work activity including product used to ensure completion of customer contracts
• Responsible for making sure safe work practices and procedures are followed at all times.
Successful Candidate Must:
• Be willing and able to relocate to the Atlanta, GA area for significant part of the year (housing expenses paid by the Company during that part of the year and/or when traveling)
• Previous experience working in a fast paced service operation strongly preferred
• Previous scheduling/dispatching experience strongly preferred
• Previous entry level management experience strongly preferred
• Previous experience in mosquito control, pest control or the aquatics industry strongly preferred
• Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
• Strong computer skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
• Proficiency with maps and a good working knowledge of GPS applications and smartphones
• Possess high school level math skills
• Excellent phone manner and customer service skills
• Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal forms
• Have a valid Driver's License with an excellent driving record
• Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally, up to 50 pounds regularly
• Ability to effectively partner with cross functional teams to meet performance objectives and to support mission and vision of the Company
• Ability to travel to multiple site locations to meet the needs of the business
• Ability to obtain state licenses (training provided)
• College degree in related field (Biological/Environmental Sciences) preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Clarke is a privately held public health, global environmental products and services company. For over 70 years, Clarke has been making communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable. We do this by pioneering, developing and delivering environmentally responsible public health mosquito control and aquatic services to help prevent disease, control nuisances and create healthy waterways. Our global customers include governments, commercial and residential groups and international institutions such as UNICEF, and U.S. AID.
Working at Clarke, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will learn from some of the most talented people in your field and make an impact on the world around us. With Clarke, you join an innovative and passionate team where people are the heart and soul of the organization, working together to create an environment where the employees thrive and nature flourishes.
At Clarke, each individual can AND does make a difference. If you're looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills to impact the success and growth of a business...Clarke is the place!
Clarke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace
To apply, click link below or please submit resume at www.clarke.com